Dekalb Pediatric Associates is conducting a 16 week program to show how healthy diet and exercise improves heart disease risk factors including obesity, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and high blood sugar.
Program Coordinator: Nurse Practitioner, Dr. Jacquelyn Paynter, DNP, APRN, FNP-C
- Physician, Ronald Homer, MD
- Nutritionist, MJ Esquivel
- Fitness Trainers
- Practice Administrator, Carolyn Parera, CPMA, CPC
Do you want to exercise more, eat better, and lose weight?
Participate in the 16 week program and gain:
- Coaching to help you reach a healthy physical activity level
- Coaching to help you eat a healthy diet
- Taking action to lower your heart disease and diabetes risk
What does this program involve?
- You will participate in monthly interactive health education groups and exercise class at the Dekalb Pediatric Clinic over a 16 week period.
- You will be asked to exercise for 30 minutes 5 days a week and receive a free pedometer.
- You will be asked to take a healthy diet plan of fruits and vegetables and whole grains and low fat and sugar.
- You will be asked to complete health assessments and questionnaires at the beginning and end of the program.
What you should also know:
- The program begins March 1, 2019.
- All information is kept confidential.
- We will not ask you to take any special medications or treatments.
- Your participation is voluntary and you can disenroll at any time.
- Participants receive opportunities for winning prize drawings.
Enroll for the Program
To join the 16 week Fit-KIDS/Fit-TEENS Program, complete the Enrollment Form below or contact our office at 404-446-4600.
Our Selected Education Videos
View a selection of exercise and fitness videos chosen to encourage and educate you on your journey to better health!